The college application process isn’t the most natural process I’ve ever gone through; in fact, it’s probably one of the hardest and most stressful tasks I have EVER gone through. As a person with high levels of anxiety, I think I handled the situation pretty well.
Here are five tips for anyone going through the college process soon:
- Find a college counselor who will help you through the process. My college counselor played a pivotal role in helping me decide what colleges to apply to and helping me write and brush up on my college essays.
- What you think isn’t an activity for your activity list probably is. Whether you’ve spent countless hours volunteering or making art, that can and will make an impact on your application. You got to think about everything you have done as a high school student to think of enough activities for your use. It may seem steep at first, but it’s worth it in the end.
- Apply Test-optional if you need to while not all schools have an optional test policy if you’re not good at taking standardized tests like I am. I highly recommend researching what schools that are a fit for you don’t require standardized tests.
Remember: Just because a school doesn’t require standardized tests, that doesn’t mean it’s not a great school.
Many different colleges have many different application policies, and for one student, a high school for them may be way too easy to get into for another student. Each student should have their own goals of what their dream school can be, and that’s okay.
- Reach for the stars. It’s okay to apply to a school that has higher standards than your academic profile. Grades aren’t everything; it’s also what you’re involved in outside of school as well as your essays.
- STAY MOTIVATED. The college application process is very challenging and stressful. You don’t have to spend 50 hours a week on it though. As long as you put thorough work and effort into your applications, you will most likely get the results you hope for.
Джереми Хассон - Aleph с Востока Северного региона: Совет округа Колумбия и является заядлым спортивным болельщиком и фотографом.
Все мнения, высказанные по содержанию, написанному для "Шофара", представляют собой мнения и мысли отдельных авторов. Биография автора представляет автора в то время, когда он находился на сайте BBYO.